Job Title: Principal Technical BC Consultant
Location: Flexible Working
Hours: 36.5 hpw
Main Offices: Nottingham and Cambridge, but you can work from anywhere!
Salary: £Negotiable – Above Market Rate
Holiday: 25 Days, Plus Bank Holidays (Increasing with Service)
Plus x2 Company Event Days per Year
Become a Columbian
How likely are you to recommend Columbus as a potential workplace to your friends or colleagues?
That’s a question we ask all our employees globally every month in order to maintain our high standards of employee satisfaction, and why we are proud to say that our average length of service within Columbus is 8 years.
We are proud to be a global company and award-winning Microsoft Gold Partner; with a family culture that you’d expect to find within an SME. We still celebrate our wins, big or small, and recognise both individual and team achievements across the business.
The Role of Principal Technical BC Consultant:
This role involves the leadership of a team of technical consultants and developers, with responsibility for the definition and delivery of the Architecture, Design and Delivery of technical solutions based on customer / prospect requirements using Dynamics 365 Business Central/NAV and related technologies.
You will also liaise with any key Columbus resources in support of technical delivery alongside other solutions within the Microsoft stack.
Part of this role will involve, the overseeing and direct involvement in Business Central development, technical consultancy/architecture, technical design and the review and changes needed to support development strategy and Business Central Product knowledge.
Review and suggest improvements to our implementation methodology / approach.
Line management responsibility for a team of Developers and Technical Consultants in both the UK and abroad ensuring knowledge of new product developments and industry trends is shared throughout the team.
About You (The Essentials)
We are looking for someone to join us who has :
- Strong technical abilities and experience.
- SQL Server Administration (2005 or 2008)
- Windows Server Administration
- Commercial awareness and understanding of presales
- Presentation and training delivery skills
- Microsoft Dynamics Business Central Technical Experience
- Ensure that the Columbus values, which are the basis for our success, are maintained and developed further
- Display great team spirit and loyalty towards your colleagues whilst encouraging and maintaining a high level of performance
- Actively demonstrate your commitment to the Columbus Employee Value Proposition – HEART – and keep it at the core of everything you do
What we can offer
You'll get the opportunity to work with many interesting customers. This means, variety and exciting assignments for you, with continuous development and the opportunity to work with the latest technologies at the forefront of the industry.
You will be a part of both a local and global team, where you not only share knowledge but also a laugh or two. We value our employees and leave room for flexibility so that you can enjoy a work-life balance.
- 25 Days Annual Leave (Increasing with Service)
- 2 Company Event Days Per Year
- Hybrid working
- Social Club Events
- Columbus Benefits Hub
- Healthcare Plan
- Access to Free Training Courses
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
If this sounds like the role for you, then please drop a copy of your CV over today via our website and “Apply for this job” or apply using your LinkedIn profile in seconds.
You may also be prompted to "Connect with us", but please don’t worry if you don’t have the time, it does not impact your application.
In the meantime, check us out on Instagram or LinkedIn