Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: WFH with travel to Columbus and Client Offices as required
Salary: Negotiable (We aim to improve your current package)
Bonus: 100% OTE Personal and Company Performance
Holiday: 25 Days, Plus Bank Holidays (Increasing with Service),
Medical Insurance: Yes (terms apply) and Cashback Plan
Hours: Full time (36.5 hpw)
Travel/Expenses: A car is required for travel to client sites - expensed at 45p per mile from home address (excluding travel to your Assigned Office)
Data & Analytics team.
At Columbus, we value collaboration, trust-building, curiosity and delivering customer success. By joining our Data & Analytics team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to these values while continuously developing your skills and knowledge.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a globally recognised consultancy firm and play a pivotal role in expanding our Data and Analytics practice in the UK which has already seen significant growth in 2023.
In this brand new role you will be working with our lead generators, marketing department and partners to close business deals at a C-suite / enterprise level at medium and large sized businesses.
The role of Business Development Sales Executive.
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Sales Executive to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for acquiring new clients and selling data platforms, business intelligence, and AI projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a strategic sales plan to enable Data & Analytics growth goals.
- Meet (and exceed) sales targets, while maintaining customer satisfaction and overall results.
- Drive the end-to-end sales process, from lead generation to closure, focusing on new client acquisition.
- Leverage your network to introduce our services and offerings to potential clients.
- Develop and manage a robust pipeline of prospective clients for our Data and Analytics division in the UK.
- Oversee the relationships with clients and key accounts. Handle issues and concerns in a professional manner.
Travel and Hybrid Working
We have an environment that gives you the flexibility to achieve an effective work-life balance. To maintain our collaborative approach, all team meetings take place face-to-face in our offices wherever possible.
We continue to offer our customers onsite meetings, so flexibility around travel and overnight stays is expected dependent on the clients requirements.
About You (The Essentials)
- A history of working with the D&A Space with a network of potential clients to leverage for new business opportunities.
- Cross selling and upselling other services and ability to close deals.
- Bid writing and excellent presentation skills
- Proven track record in services sales, preferably within the consultancy sector.
- Understanding of Data platforms, business intelligence, and ideally AI
- Full drivers licence and access to vehicle
- Curious, looking to challenge the status quo and improve
- Collaborates well with both internal and external colleagues
- Committed to personal development and becoming a Trusted Advisor in your field.
Diversity and Inclusion are close to our H.E.A.R.T!
By joining our team, you will be part of a supportive network that values your voice, respects your ideas, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture that celebrates and supports career growth and advancement, and we aim to get the whole company together twice a year for our company day.
We provide equal opportunities for everyone, ensuring a level playing field for all candidates. We actively encourage applications candidates from all backgrounds to apply for positions across our organisation, in return you can expect us to Help you grow. Empower you. Appreciate you. Respect you, and your Team.
What we can offer
You will be a part of both a local and global team, where you not only share knowledge but also a laugh or two. We value our employees and leave room for flexibility so that you can enjoy a work-life balance.
As a Columbian you will get;-
- 25 Days Annual Leave (Increasing with Service)
- Columbus Benefits Hub – Discounts on Tickets, Shopping, Car leasing, Holidays, Food and More
- Access to Free Training Courses Delivered by Columbus Academy
- Free Microsoft Certifications and access to Microsoft Lear
- Casual Dress-code in our Offices
- Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance x4 Salary
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- £2,500 payment for successful candidate referrals
- Flexi-phone upgrade scheme (if eligible)
Company Awards & Recognition
- Bi-annual Company Special Recognition Awards with prizes!
- Give a thumbs up through Columbus Cheers.
- Employee of the year and Employees Employee of the year.
- Long Service Awards
Employee Wellbeing Program (terms apply)
- Vitality Medical Insurance
- Westfield Health Cash plan (includes an Employee Assistance Lines),
- Mental health first aiders
- Suggestions Boxes
If this sounds like the role for you, then please drop a copy of your CV over today via our website and “Apply for this job” or CV not up to date? then apply using your LinkedIn profile in seconds.
You may also be prompted to "Connect with us", but please don’t worry if you don’t have the time, it does not impact your application.
In the meantime, check us out on Instagram or LinkedIn
STAY CURIOUS, COLLABORATE, BUILD TRUST, and DELIVER CUSTOMER SUCCESS
Suitable for candidates working with/as: Business Development Manager, Sales Executive, Senior Sales, Selling, BDM, New Business.