Information regarding processing of personal data for job applicants
1. Collection of personal data
- Your name, contact details, telephone number, email address, birthday, and national identifiers, (e.g., Social Security number etc.), picture and candidate status.
- The information included in your CV or application letter, such as job history, academic background and results, skills and competencies, personal interests, and languages spoken.
- Job preferences and type of employment sought
- Names and contact details of your referees/references.
Columbus may collect data directly from you or from third parties, for example when doing a background check or requesting/receiving an employment reference or recruitment agencies. Columbus will only contact third parties if you consent hereto. The information that Columbus will request from such third parties includes the fact that you are applying for a job, periods of former employment, position, working tasks, social and professional skills.
Legal basis for processing
Columbus may process your personal data based on the following legal basis according to GDPR Art. 6:
- Your freely given, specific, informed, and unambiguous consent to the processing of the personal data regarding you.
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To fulfil or protect our legitimate interest in the recruitment of new employees, unless your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of your personal data override the interests of Columbus. The interests Columbus may pursue include the interests in relation to recruitment.
Purpose of the processing
- The personal data you provide in your application and as part of the recruitment process will only be held and processed to facilitate the selection process, to contact you and in connection with any subsequent employment. Your personal data may be used to assess your application for employment, to verify your information, to conduct reference checks, to communicate with you and to inform you of further career opportunities.
- In the event of your application resulting in an offer of employment with Columbus, the data collected will become part of your employment record and will be used for employment purposes.
Recipients of your personal data
Columbus may disclose or transfer your personal data to the following recipients:
Affiliates of Columbus.
Suppliers, business partners or other collaborators who support us with the recruitment process.
Certain recipients process personal data on behalf of Columbus and may only process your personal data in accordance with the instructions given by Columbus. These third parties may not process your personal data for their own purposes.
Transfer of your personal data to a third country (outside of eu/eea)
Your personal data will not be transferred outside EU/EEA.
We will retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy. The criteria used to determine our retention periods may include one or more of the following: (a) if we have an ongoing relationship with you; (b) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (c) as advisable considering our legal position (such as with respect to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, audits, or regulatory investigations).
Job applications will be stored for 24 months unless you get a job with us or you give explicit permission that we can keep your details on our records for the communication of future suitable career opportunities.
2. Your rights as a data subject
Columbus has taken all necessary and adequate steps to protect your personal data and ensure your rights as a data subject.
You have certain rights, which are described below. Please note that certain exceptions may apply, e.g., if the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims. If you have any questions to your rights as a data subject, please contact Columbus – please see the contact information below.
Right of access
- You have the right to request access to the personal data Columbus has stored concerning you.
Right to rectification
- You have the right to rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you, including the completion of incomplete personal data.
Right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to erasure; meaning upon your request, Columbus must erase the personal data stored concerning you. Please note that the right to erasure is not absolute; thus, certain conditions must apply.
Right to restriction
- In certain cases, you have the right to restrict Columbus's processing of personal data concerning you e.g., if the processing is unlawful and you request restriction of use of personal data instead of erasure or if Columbus no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of processing, but the personal data is required by you for the establishment, exercise, or defence of claims, for example, as documentation or evidence.
Right to data portability
- You have the right to receive personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. Where the processing is based on consent or a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means format, you have the right to transmit this personal data to a third party without hindrance from Columbus.
The right to object
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object at any time to Columbus's processing of personal data concerning you.
Withdrawal of consent
- When the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect Columbus's processing of your personal data prior to the withdrawal of your consent. For withdrawal of consent please contact Columbus at the address below.
Filing of complaint
If you wish to file a complaint regarding Columbus's processing of your personal data, you can contact Columbus either HR or VP Solution Management. If your complaint is not resolved, you can contact the supervisory authority.
Columbus, Lugano House, Lake View Business Park, Lake View Drive, Annesley, Nottingham, NG15 0ED
HR - Andrea Ward
Information Comissioner's Office
Telephone number: 0303 123 1113