Job Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: Negotiable (We aim to improve your current package)
Holiday: 25 Days, Plus Bank Holidays (Increasing with Service),
Medical Insurance: Yes (terms apply) and Cashback Plan
Hours: Full time (36.5 hpw)
Travel/Expenses: No / A car is required for travel to client sites - expensed at 45p per mile from home address (excluding travel to your Assigned Office)
Data and Analytics team,
At Columbus, we value collaboration, trust-building, curiosity and delivering customer success. By joining our D&A Sales team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to these values while continuously developing your skills and knowledge.
The role of Business Development Manager
To help grow the Data and Analytics presence by participating in all phases of the sales life cycle. This role will focus on growing sales opportunities for the Digital Transformation product stack including Data Modernization, Analytics and AI offerings. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual, who can work under dynamic conditions and can foster productive relationships with a diverse customer and partner group.
Gold Partner and Inner Circle
As a Microsoft Gold Partner for over 20 years, Columbus have access a range of market-leading resources, training and certifications. As well as a host of awards, Columbus have twice been named partner of the year by Microsoft.
As Microsoft Inner Circle members, Columbus have been recognised as part of an elite category of partners. This honour is only awarded to the very best in the industry for thought leadership, innovation and dedication, with Inner Circle partners representing only the Top 1% of the Microsoft ecosystem.
Travel and Hybrid Working
We have an environment that gives you the flexibility to achieve an effective work-life balance. To maintain our collaborative approach, all team meetings take place face-to-face in our offices wherever possible.
UK travel and overnight stays is expected dependent on the client requirements.
We ask that those in customer-facing roles aim to come into the office at least once a month, these visits are usually coordinated within each team – but you can work from a Columbus office regularly if you prefer, whichever suits you.
About You (The Essentials)
- Leading and directing pre-sales resources to successful wins.
- Innovative deal construction and delivering customer presentations.
- Hands on experience in writing proposals and winning, and
- The flexibility to travel to customer sites (UK and abroad) and overnight stays if required.
- Full drivers licence and access to vehicle
- Curious, looking to challenge the status quo and improve
- Collaborates well with both internal and external colleagues
- Committed to personal development and becoming a Trusted Advisor in your field.
Diversity and Inclusion are close to our H.E.A.R.T!
By joining our team, you will be part of a supportive network that values your voice, respects your ideas, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture that celebrates and supports career growth and advancement, and we aim to get the whole company together twice a year for our company day.
We provide equal opportunities for everyone, ensuring a level playing field for all candidates. We actively encourage applications candidates from all backgrounds to apply for positions across our organisation, in return you can expect us to Help you grow. Empower you. Appreciate you. Respect you, and your Team.
What we can offer
You will be a part of both a local and global team, where you not only share knowledge but also a laugh or two. We value our employees and leave room for flexibility so that you can enjoy a work-life balance.
As a Columbian you will get;-
- 25 Days Annual Leave (Increasing with Service)
- Columbus Benefits Hub – Discounts on Tickets, Shopping, Car leasing, Holidays, Food and More
- Access to Free Training Courses Delivered by Columbus Academy
- Free Microsoft Certifications and access to Microsoft Learn
- Modern Airconditioned Office Space, with Free Parking, Free Drinks, Breakout Areas, Pool, Darts, Table Football
- Casual Dress-code in our Offices
- Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance x4 Salary
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- £2,500 payment for successful candidate referrals
- Flexi-phone upgrade scheme (if eligible)
Company Awards & Recognition
- Bi-annual Company Special Recognition Awards with prizes!
- Give a thumbs up through Columbus Cheers.
- Employee of the year and Employees Employee of the year.
- Long Service Awards
Employee Wellbeing Program (terms apply)
- Vitality Medical Insurance
- Westfield Health Cash plan (includes an Employee Assistance Lines),
- Mental health first aiders
- Suggestions Boxes
If this sounds like the role for you, then please drop a copy of your CV over today via our website and “Apply for this job” or CV not up to date? then apply using your LinkedIn profile in seconds.
You may also be prompted to "Connect with us", but please don’t worry if you don’t have the time, it does not impact your application.
In the meantime, check us out on Instagram or LinkedIn
STAY CURIOUS, COLLABORATE, BUILD TRUST, and DELIVER CUSTOMER SUCCESS
Suitable for candidates working with/as: